you plan to use information from the Internet for academic purposes, you
should consider the following criteria and ask yourself the
- Is the information presented accurate?
- Are the facts verifiable from other sources?
- Is the information presented clearly, with few mechanical and grammatical errors?
- Who is the author of the document?
- Is the author the original creator of the information?
- Is the author an expert on the topic or a professional in the field?
- Does the material inform, explain, or persuade?
- Does the author have a bias?
the author affiliated with particular organizations, institutions, or
associations? Does the organization supporting the site have a
particular point of view?
- Is the information presented fact or opinion?
- On what date was the page created?
- Do you need more current information?
- Do links on the site still connect to their destinations?
- Would you quote information from this site in a college research paper?
- Is the type of material appropriate for the assignment?
- Does the source include a bibliography or citations that can be used for comparing or verifying information?